5 Signs it’s Time to Replace the Windows in Your Home
Windows are designed to let us enjoy the beauty of mother nature from the inside of our homes. But with things like poor operation, damage, and aging, it’s hard to enjoy something you know you need to fix. There are many ways to tell when it is time to replace your windows, but some might not be as noticeable as you think. Replacing your windows can have some inherent benefits as well, including saving you money on your energy bill by reducing heating and air conditioning usage and improving the overall safety of your home.
At Weather-Tek Windows & Doors, we want to help you understand when it’s the right time to consider replacing your windows and provide some reasons on why it’s so important when it comes to your home. Here are a few signs that your home is ready for a change:
- Deterioration – Warped wood, and rotting frames are some obvious signs of serious damage that can affect your windows. Aside from poor installation or the children playing baseball in the backyard, condensation can be one of the biggest culprits when it comes to damaging windows. This leads to higher risk of mold, which is something no one wants to be surprised by later on. With quality products from some of the nation’s leading brands and the manufacturer certified installers from Weather-Tek, we’ll make sure that everything is working the way it should be.
- Poor Operation & Safety – If windows need to be propped or forced open, that’s a definite sign they need to be replaced. Safety is another major concern you need to take into account when it comes to your home. Ultraviolet (UV) rays are the most harmful forms of sunlight radiation. With older windows, this can lead to fading and degradation on things like couches, flooring, and more. Installing UV resistant windows can help reduce the number of UV rays coming into your home, while also keeping it as safe as possible. In addition, if you have locks that aren’t working or a window that won’t close, it can be the perfect target for an intruder.
- High Energy Bills – Everyone loves the feeling of a gentle breeze, but not when your windows are supposed to be closed! In older homes, windows tend to be single-paned which can lead to drafts and leaks. This can cause your energy bill to skyrocket. We know that glass is not the only thing supporting your windows. Performance is only as good as the framing and installation. Using brands with ENERGY STAR® certified products give you the comfort of knowing that you are getting the very best. Energy efficient windows help by eliminating “hot spots” or “cold spots” as they keep the cold air out during the winter and warm air out during the summer.
- Aesthetic Appeal & Maintenance – Over time, your home can take a beating from the harsh Wisconsin weather. Whether it’s a winter snowstorm or a summer rain shower, weather can have a major effect on your windows. inside and out. Updating your home with new windows will not only help the curb appeal of your home while adding visual interest and increasing your home’s value, but new windows can also mean less maintenance for you! Recent window designs have made the world of cleaning windows easier. Styles like tilt-in windows that have latches so you can tilt windows toward your for easier access to the glass while still staying connected, which means you don’t need to worry about how to get the window back on the frame. Weather-Tek’s Design Gallery offers a variety of products that will make ongoing maintenance simple and easy.
- Soundproofing – There are many sounds that are soothing to hear in the middle of the night – your neighbor throwing a party or the midnight train going through the neighborhood are not one of them. Replacing your windows with dual or triple-pane windows from brands like brands like Marvin, Integrity, Andersen, Weather Shield, Pella, and more! along with proper installation, can help reduce noise and make sure you get the peace and quiet you want! With a variety of different window styles, you can turn your home back into a peaceful oasis.
We understand that replacing your windows in your home can be a daunting task. Our knowledgeable experts are here to make the process as easy and simple as possible, while giving you the best quality windows from nationally recognized brands. For more information on how we can help with your window replacement and installation process, reach out to one of our sales consultants to schedule an in-home or Design Gallery appointment and get started on the path to brand new windows!