Tips to Prepare Your Home for Window Installation Day
So, you’ve finally decided on the perfect replacement windows for your home…congratulations! Whether you’ve selected energy-efficient vinyl widows or brand new wood windows to enhance the style and design of your home, there’s just one final step to complete the process, the actual window installation!
If you are working with the professional, manufacturer-certified window installers here at Weather-Tek, there are a few quick housekeeping tips that will help prepare your home for the window installation process:
- Clear Space Around the Windows – We would like to have approximately 3’ of space to work around the interior of the window. If you have heavy furniture/beds/aquariums etc. in that area, don’t worry, we can help you move them or work around them the day of.
- Check Blinds & Curtains – If you have interior blinds that are currently tight up against your windows, they will need to be removed. External blinds and curtains are ok, as long as we can flip up or move them out of the way. If you can’t remove your blinds, please call our office at 262-875-4300 to discuss removal.
- A Plan for Your Pets – We love pets and understand that this is their home. We do recommend that you remove them from the rooms that we will be working in.
- Secure Decorations – We may be using tools and equipment that can cause vibration to your cabinets or walls. If you have valuables in those areas, please remove or secure them. If you have questions about this, please ask the project supervisor about these items.
- Cover Your Plants – If you have plants or flowers around our working area, we will make every attempt to protect them. We always recommend that you tie them up or cover them for the day.
- Disarm Alarm System – If you have an alarm system, please have system disconnected prior to install and reconnected after install is complete.
- Final Payments – As a reminder, the remaining balance of your project is due on the last day of your scheduled install. On this day, we will be providing you with a job completion report and a final balance due invoice. The final payment will be collected by our installation team, or you can make other arrangements by contacting your Sales Consultant.
For more information about the window replacement or installation process, feel free to contact one of our professionals. We’re here to make your experience as easy and enjoyable as possible!
Also, while you’re here, download our free 10-step Guide to Buying Windows. You’ll get tips on mapping out your project goals, key terms you should understand during the replacement window process, and quick links that take you to relevant information.